I am excited to share with you the faith adventure I am on. My journey started seventeen years ago when the Lord set me free from an intravenous heroin and rock cocaine addiction and called me into ministry. In 2011 I moved to Springfield, MO to attend Central Bible College. I graduated from CBC and now have only twelve credits left to complete the MA in Intercultural Ministries at the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary. At CBC I met and married the love of my life, Hannah-Rose. Several years ago we began to feel a burden for the north side of Springfield, Missouri where we now live. God has opened the door for us to plant a new church here.
I am partnering with CityReach Network (CRN) and the local Assemblies of God district to plant a church in north Springfield, MO in March 2016. On Easter Sunday this year, CRN churches reached over 12,000 people with the Gospel and saw 125 people commit their lives to Christ. We will also reach the one who is far from God through Christ-centered recovery “Hope Homes” intended to impact people whose lives are torn apart by addiction, homelessness, and depression. My wife and I are fruit of Christ-centered recovery homes. In 1999 I graduated from a Victory Outreach men’s home in Phoenix, Arizona. My wife is a graduate of the Long Island Teen Challenge. We know from personal experience that the Hope Home can transform broken lives.
Springfield has held the infamous title of “Meth Capital” of the nation for many years. Violence and property crimes are on the rise which coincides with the increase of drugs on the city streets—more drugs always mean more crime. Childhood hunger is higher in Springfield than any other city in Missouri. More than half the students in the Springfield public schools receive free or reduced lunch. According to Byron Klaus, president of the AGTS, “The unholy trinity of meth, poverty, and domestic violence is in intense form in north Springfield.”
But we can make a difference. Here’s how:
- Start weekly prayer meeting to interced on behalf of Springfield (January 2015).
- Plant a church in north Springfield that will reach the one who is far from God (March 2016).
- Open a Men’s Hope Home to rebuild broken lives into godly leaders (January 2016).
- Partner with local schools thru a mentoring program and Convoy of Hope to touch the lives of students.
- Impact the community through outreaches: Rock the Block, Live Dramas, Day of Hope.
Would you consider being a partner with Hannah and me? How?
- Pray for God to prepare the way before us, touching the hearts of people we’ll reach.
- Partner with our family and CityReach to see lives changed for eternity.
Our current need is $35, 000 to start the men’s Hope Home this summer. I have a partner who is willing to match dollar for dollar up to 15k, leaving 20K to get the Hope Home up and running for six months. After the six months the home will be self-supportive.
1 Partner $10,000 $10,000
3 Partners $1000 $3,000
10 Partners $500 $5000
10 Partners $100 $1000
20 Partners $50 $1000
44 Total Partners $20,000
A one-time contribution can help fuel the launch of the first Hope Home in Springfield, or you can partner with us monthly to help the ministry grow strong.
I pray for an outpouring of God’s blessing on you as we further His Kingdom. We’re better together.
John Caleb Alarid
Lead Pastor | CityReach Springfield
Mobile: (417) 631-9082
1) Make check payable to CityReach Network; PO Box 7001, Springfield, MO 65801-7001
Important: Memo the check “Springfield”
2) You can also give online:
3) All Contributions are tax deductible
4) Please contact me with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org